The Rosary Catholic Primary School provides an excellent standard of education, within a stimulating Catholic environment, by committed and caring professionals. Inclusion of all is our central goal based on our belief that we are all created in the image of God.
The school was founded by and is part of the Catholic Church. The school is to be conducted as a Catholic School in accordance with the canon law and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, and in accordance with the Trust Deed of the Archdiocese of Birmingham and in particular:
- Religious education is to be in accordance with the teachings, doctrines, discipline and general and particular norms of the Catholic Church.
- Religious worship is to be in accordance with the rites, practices, discipline and liturgical norms of the Catholic Church; and at all times the school is to serve as a witness to the Catholic faith in Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Aims of the School
- To develop each child’s religious formation, begun at home by widening it within the life and work of the school, in partnership with parents and the parish community. This is done in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church. We ensure that children know how to follow the example and teachings of Jesus.
- To create a happy and caring environment which fosters the intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual development of each child.
- To actively promote British values through our curriculum, enrichment opportunities, assemblies and wider celebrations.
- To recognise that in actively promoting these values, it is necessary to challenge pupils, staff and parents who could potentially express opinions contrary to these fundamental British values.
- To fully develop the talents of each child through a balanced curriculum and by providing work suited to individual needs.
- To promote concern, consideration and respect for others regardless of race, culture, gender or disability.
- To develop individuality, motivation ad independence enabling children to discover and recognise their own strengths and limitations ad to set their own goals accordingly.
- To provide a curriculum which enables children to develop lively questioning minds, which they apply to all areas of the curriculum.
- To help children acquire skills which will develop a reverent, healthy and safe adult lifestyle.