If you are concerned about the progress your child is making in school, please speak to the class teacher as soon as possible.
We also have a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator, she is known as the SENCO. Her name is Mrs S Banks and she can be contacted through the main school office on 0121 464 4519 or via email email@example.com
Miss S Khatoon is the Assistant SENCO and can also be contacted through the main office.
The SENCO’s role involves;
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEND policy
- Co-ordinating provision for children with SEND
- Advising on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet pupils’ needs effectively
- Liaising with parents of pupils with SEND
- Being a key point of contact with external agencies, in particular the local authority and associated support services
- Liaising with transition partners to ensure a pupil and their parents are informed about options and a smooth transition plan is formulated
- Working alongside the Head Teacher and Governing Body to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010) with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements
- Ensuring that the school keeps the records of all pupils with SEND up to date
Mrs Banks and Miss Khatoon are full time members of staff but they also have a teaching commitment which means that if you make contact and they are unable to speak to you, a message will be taken and they will return your call as soon as possible.