At The Rosary Catholic Primary School we ensure that we include all children to enable them to achieve their best, become confident individuals and make a successful transition into adult hood. Under the new Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice (Sept 2014), our school now provides SEND information with reference to the following categories;
- Appropriate and effective teaching and learning
- Open and honest communication
- Partnership approach
A brief overview of this structure within school is available below. More detailed information can be found by clicking on each question. This information is reviewed annually.
Mrs Banks is the Rosary SEND leader. You can contact her through the school office should you wish to discuss any SEND matters.
Use the Birmingham Local Offer to link to find information about the support that the local authority expects to be available across education, health and social care. The information on the website is clear and easy to find. It says who a particular service is for, how to apply, and how decisions are made about who gets that service.
The information you should be able to find on a Local Offer Website includes:
- Sources of support, advice and information for children, young people and families including support groups and forums.
- Special educational, health and social care provision for children and young people with SEN or disabilities
- Arrangements to identify and assess children and young people with SEN, including how an assessment can be requested.
- Other educational provision, for example leisure activities, sports or arts provision,
- Information about provision to assist in preparing children and young people for adulthood including post-16 education and training provision
- Arrangements for travel to and from schools, post-16 institutions and early years providers
- Childcare, including suitable provision for disabled children and those with SEND
- Support available to young people in higher education, particularly the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) and the process and timescales for making an application for DSA
- Arrangements for resolving disagreements and for mediation, and details about making complaints
The Accessibility plan and SEND policy found using the link above.